24 November 2011

Thankful (NaNoWriMo 2011, Day 24, 47003 Words)

Last night was the night that I just couldn't do it. I tried, I really did. I barely eeked out 600 some words and marginally progressed the plot forward. Some days are just like that. I guess I'm thankful that I've been fortunate to have had so few this month.

This is my annual Thanksgiving post. I do appreciate that Thanksgiving falls during NaNoWriMo because it guarantees that I'll be writing and I'll remember to do this.

What follows is a stream of consciousness rambling about the many, many things I have to be thankful for. It is not an all inclusive list because, seriously, who has time for that?

I am thankful for sunrises, sunsets, warm rain, trees, the sound of the ocean's roar, lanterns, lists, clouds, a good writing pen, a blank piece of paper, my laptop (and supporting lap desk), coffee/espresso, books (so so so many books), favorite new authors, long-standing favorite authors, Legos, a husband who loves and appreciates me, a dog who makes me smile and knows when I'm having a rough sort of day and sticks by my side to remind me everything will be okay, friends old, friends new, music...so much wonderful music and so many talented musicians, Rock Band, family (connected by blood or other means), cozy blankets, lazy afternoons, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner (all the meals I get to enjoy when there are so many who don't), lovely alcohol enhanced beverages, a job that doesn't make me miserable (and that can often bring me joy), brilliant (and often inspiring) people I get to work with, tomorrow, yesterday, a night filled with inspiring dreams, road trips, forest hikes, phone calls from someone I miss more than they know, the sound of seagulls, snow days, slippers, fireplaces, hot showers, Smart Wool socks, Doctor Who, listening to a new album by an old favorite for the first time, hammocks, warm summer days, being able to turn the heat on when I want to, photographs, the internet, my iPhone, fences, sidewalks, swing sets, a reliable car, curtains, pillows, Ukuleles, NaNoWriMo!, walks in the park, a sky full of stars, and so many, many other things that it would be impossible to list them all and still enjoy this day of Thankfulness...

"Is it all in that pretty little head of yours? What goes on in that place in the dark? Well I used to know a girl and I would have sworn her name was Veronica."
          from Veronica by Elvis Costello



I'm thankful for a latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment