10 November 2011

Keep Typing and Carry On! NaNoWriMo 2011 (Day 10, 18,182 Words)

It has been slow going this morning. I'm still unable to get much sleep. The downside, is I'm tired (or more accurately, exhausted). The upside is that I got to watch a beautiful sunrise while listening to My Morning Jacket.

Another obstacle I've found, when it comes to writing, is more physical. The less sleep I get, the more coffee I want to drink and the more coffee I drink...well, the more active my bladder becomes. This means I have to break my concentration, abandon my writing space, and go to the bathroom. It's annoying. Sometimes it takes ten or fifteen minutes to get back into the same rhythm I had found before the interruption.

This morning I've probably written some 500-600 words. I found myself being much more critical than I usually am at this stage in the game. I started telling myself that I needed to just keep moving forward. I created my own variation of the Britishism, Keep Calm and Carry On. (Because honestly, how can there ever be too many variations...)

Keep Typing and Carry On!

NaNoWriMo, for me, is about the freedom create without criticism, without the bother analyzing or questioning. It is what it is and what doesn't work can be edited out...in January, March, June, or September. November is all about letting the ideas, the words, flow freely and without that inner critic knocking you down.

Keep Typing and Carry On...

Today is another fun filled day of adventure and tonight will be filled with more music. The sun is shining, the sky is transforming from gray to blue, and I can't help myself from feeling happy.

"Bang, bang, on the door. You open not knowing for. If opportunity rears its head will you answer or stay home in bed."
               from The Day is Coming by My Morning Jacket



No comments:

Post a Comment