28 November 2011

Rounding the Last Corner, NaNoWriMo 2011 (Day 28, 56221 Words)

15 hours passed between the time I pulled out of the driveway this morning and the time I returned. Tonight I am grateful for the productive 4,000+ word day I had yesterday. I will reach 60,000 words in the next two days even if it means I don't sleep...but with less than 4,000 words to go for my personal best November, I'm really not that worried.

My characters are well on their way home, and soon everything will be resolved, one way or another. What's been fun is the few little details, barely mentioned in the beginning of the first book, reappearing as the story draws to a close. It's been cool to see how some things come full circle, nearly 400 pages later. (holy bleep! batman! i just realized I've written 400 pages!)

The following song was the first song that came up on shuffle when I sat down at the computer tonight. Seems appropriate for this day.


"I've seen the end of the day come too soon, like the prison dogs they set out after you. You owe nothing to the past but wasted time, to serve a sentence that was only in your mind."
           from End of the Day by Beck

Some people have skeletons in the closet, others keep them on their front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment