08 November 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 (Day 7 and into Day 8, 14,465)


The writing has been going well. Really well. I can't believe how lucky I have been. Each day I sit down at the computer and open up my Word document and begin. Sometimes, it's very slow going at first and sometimes my fingers (and I'm a pretty decent typist) can barely keep up with the words springing forth.



I love, love, love how this story is slowly revealing itself to me. Each day, something new happens, something that I didn't plan, something I didn't know was coming. Sometimes it's a big something (I have a great deal of rewrites to do and integrate into the previous book!) and sometimes it's just a smaller insight into a character. I am enjoying it all so much that I don't even mind waking up at 6am (on vacation, no less!) so I can start my writing day.


Today is an exceptionally full (birth)day. In a few hours there will be breakfast with friends followed by a tour of the visiting Body Worlds exhibit and then later there is An Evening with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer at the Aladdin. I am so looking forward to these events and am curious to see how they inspire me in the coming days.


I am a lucky girl indeed.




Behind That Locked Door

Why are you still crying?
Your pain is now through
Please forget those teardrops
Let me take them from you

The love you are blessed with

This world's waiting for
So let out your heart, please, please
From behind that locked door

It's time we start smiling

What else should we do?
With only this short time
I'm gonna be here with you

And the tales you have taught me

From the things that you saw
Makes me want out your heart, please, please
From behind that locked door

And if ever my love goes

If I'm rich or I'm poor
Please let out my heart, please, please
From behind that locked door

From behind that locked door


-George Harrison

Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment