02 September 2013

Time is a Piece of Wax

I honestly can't remember the last time I sat in this chair with a cup of coffee and a sunny breeze. There is a part of me that can't believe the calendar reads "September" and there is a part of me that is grateful for its arrival. I love the beginning of every season and while Summer and I have had an epic love affair I will never forget, there is a part of me that is ready to fall head over heels into Fall.

Life has been...busy? Full? Chaotic? Calm? Yes and yes and yes and yes. It has been all those things  and if I'm lucky enough to get my secret heart's desire it will be all that and exponentially more. But what is constant if not change?

I've been finding more and more that time is elastic. It bends, it expands, it shrinks. As the Doctor says, "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big bowl of wibbly wobbly timey wimey... stuff."

I want to take that bowl and mix up something delicious.

Perhaps one of the greatest lessons that NaNoWriMo taught me was that there is always time for the things you want to do. It is that knowledge that has kept me sane during the last few weeks of long work days and long work weeks. It's why I find myself, feet bathing in the morning sunshine, cozied up in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee, contemplating all the promises time has to offer. 

I don't want to wake up in five, ten, twenty, or thirty years dreaming about the things that might have been. I don't to wake up bitter or with regret. I'd rather live a life filled with fantastic mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment