29 September 2013

Tick Tock

Today is exactly the sort of day to wrap yourself in a blanket while cradling a cup of coffee. While the city faces record rainfalls, I feel like I'm facing record fatigue.

You think you know what a lot of rain is and then the sky opens up and dumps out bucket after bucket after bucket. I came home to a previously empty outdoor water dish for Zelda that had been transformed into a fountain.  I drove down streets that looked more like rivers. I listened to the wind as it whipped the rain and the leaves stubbornly holding onto their trees, not yet ready to fall.

I woke up to a dark sky and watched as the world became one shade of gray, a sky without contrast or definition.

I woke up tired, not ready for another day, another week, another month to begin.

Sitting in the library I can hear the ticking clock as each second builds another minute in the construction of time.

I want more.

What I've noticed these past few weeks when I've been posting little and writing even less, is that I haven't been taking the time to nourish the creative part of me. I think back to the chaos that was November 2012 and remember that I WROTE A NOVEL. And it wasn't just that I wrote a novel, but that I gave up doing so many other things...and yet I was still happy. I felt alive in a way that I haven't been feeling as of late.


It's time I found that feeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment