11 May 2012

Loving the lovely loveliness (where there is no room for hate)

After the last two "springs," I can't believe this weather is real. I can't believe it's going to last. I keep waiting for the wet and the cold to return and never ever leave. I feel skeptical in a way that kind of amuses me. So I'm savoring each day, trying to make the most of it despite a schedule that has kept me much too busy for my own good. I mow the lawn, pull the weeds and dream about long, lazy summer days.

Where does all the time go?

I've had a morning of chores and the afternoon holds a few more. I've set the hammock up as an inspiration to keep going so that I might collapse into it for a brief afternoon nap and some time to read.

This week I received word that I should be getting my manuscript back as early as next week. This is both exciting and nerve-wracking. Honestly I was hoping for a little bit more time apart. I think what I'll do is read through the feedback and discuss it and then let it all simmer for a month while I decide what my next step is going to be.

Over the past week and a half I've been working on something new, something that came from a very small idea and is suddenly becoming something bigger. I've written nearly 20 pages and these busy days have made me sad to not have more time to spend with my new characters.

I have also been thinking a great deal about the whole North Carolina/gay marriage debate, but when I came across Hank Green's latest video I've decided he says it just right. So I'm just going to put this here and let you look at it if you'd like. Hank does an excellent job of getting to the real heart of the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment