20 September 2011

Books, Books, Books...

It's another week, with another fantastic new book to read. This time it's Habibi by Craig Thompson. Blankets was the very first graphic novel I ever read and with it, my standards were set very high. I truly adore that book and it makes me cry every single time I read it. It's a brilliant story of first love and growing up. I could write pages upon pages about how wonderful I think this book is and while I've enjoyed his other works as well, they just haven't hit me in the gut the same way.

It's killing me though, seeing this book sitting on the table beside me and not being read.

The problem is, I'm about a third of the way through the debut novel by Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus, which has thus far lived up to all the buzz. I'm definitely engaged and since it's a borrowed book from work I really do need to finish it before I start another.

And then next Tuesday is another new release by another of my favorites...more to come on that one, I'm sure.

What a problem to be plagued by new works by brilliant and creative minds!

I think it's best I get back to this cup of coffee and my book so that when my husband has been roused from his peaceful slumber, the two of us might adventure out into this warm and sunny late summer/early fall day.

Be well, my literate friends. Enjoy a good book and take a deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment