01 November 2012

Day 1, NaNoWriMo 2012

I really do think I must be crazy to be doing what I'm doing. It's the only explanation for why I've been up since 3:50 am and why I'm hunkered down in my NaNoWriMo writing space in my library fortress armed with a cup of fresh brewed french press, a sliced Honey Crisp apple, a candle, an iPod, a MacBook, and my imagination. Even Zelda, best black dog in the world, thinks it's too early to get up (even for breakfast).

Sometimes the writer's life is a lonely life.

I had the foresight to know this was going to be my most challenging NaNoWriMo to date, but even I didn't predict how challenging it was going to be due to my most insane work situation. There is relief in sight if I can make it through another week.

In the past I've done NaNoWriMo posts on a nearly daily basis. It helps me get the words rolling. I'm not committing myself to anything beyond getting 50,000 new words down. I'll definitely do updates, I'm just uncertain yet how consistent they'll be.

I suppose I'll need to sleep at some point...

Happy 2012 NaNoWriMo!


No comments:

Post a Comment