23 August 2011

The Blank Page

I have been experimenting with different blog sites and different blog options. I am still uncertain where and when I'll settle into one particular blog home, but for now, I can't stand the thought of having this site out there, representing me, without a little something on it.

This morning is a gray, cool, late summer morning and I have a list of things to do as long as my elbow to my wrist. Zelda, my dog, is sleeping behind me, my husband asleep in the bedroom, the Neighbors Who Shall Not Be Named are up making noise before 8am simply because they wish to annoy me. I'm pretty sure that's true.

Instead I try to listen to the sounds of the birds in the backyard trees, the tapping of the keys on the keyboard as I type, the fan in the other room. I love the way the breeze slips in through the open window. I love that this day, even with its list of things to do is still filled with opportunity. There are books to be read, words to be written, good meals and great conversations to be had.

Right now this blog is in its infancy, A blank page looking to be filled with thoughts, ideas, images, words. Right now, you and I are the only ones who know this.  I haven't told anyone else. Sometimes it's nice having secrets. Some things are nice to savor quietly, discreetly.



No comments:

Post a Comment